[Faith-Talk] Research Assistance Request

Kelsi Watters kelsiwatters at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 23:30:32 UTC 2019

Hello All,

I am a graduate student at Saint John's University in Collegeville, Minnesota. I am in my final semester of grad school and will graduate in May with a Master's of Divinity, before heading off to a year-long hospital chaplain residency in August. For my final integration research project, I am studying social trauma. I am aware that sounds intense, but I will explain. Social trauma is the cumulative traumatic stress that builds up in the body as a result of the continuing daily impact of any type of social oppression (racism, sexism, classism, ableism, heterosexism, etc.). As part of this project, I am conducting one-on-one interviews with people who have either experienced social trauma and/or live or work in a setting surrounded by others who experience social trauma, inviting them to share their stories as well as their ways of coping or healing. I am also interested in interviewing ministers to gain insights on how well pastoral ministers today are equipped to minister to people who have experienced social trauma. If you are interested, please contact me at kelsiwatters%gmail_com. Thank you in advance for your consideration.

Blessings and peace to all,

Kelsi Watters
—
Master's of Divinity Candidate, '19
Saint John's University School of Theology and Seminary
B.A. - Psychology, Pastoral & Youth Ministry