[Faith-Talk] question

sarah at sarahblakelarose.com sarah at sarahblakelarose.com
Sat Nov 30 22:30:38 UTC 2019

Hi Reni.
There is no background in this passage to indicate what Paul's testimony was or what part of Hebrew Scripture he used in this setting. In his letters he uses quotations from many places in Hebrew Scripture [or Greek translations of it], indicating he was able to use whatever is relevant to his needs at the time. Isaiah would certainly be a relevant passage for this purpose but there are other Messianic passages as well.

Rev. Sarah Blake LaRose, D.Min.
http://www.sarahblakelarose.com