[Faith-Talk] What surgery on freaky Friday, November 13

Ericka dotwriter1 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 14:15:54 UTC 2020

Hello everyone! 2020 has not been the best year for anybody. Well medically I couldn’t keep my job. When you’re paid to be on your feet 6 to 8 hours a day and you need foot surgery for example it kind of makes you unable to do your essential skills of the job. Medically I’ve had a lot of problems but thankfully not Covid. So it wasn’t a surprise. But the thing I’m more scared about is having foot surgery.

It’s going to be at the University Hospital here in Madison and it’s outpatient but I’m used to others having medical procedures, not me. I’m not good about being still so this is going to be a challenge. They’re going to take a bone spur off my right foot plus mess around with some muscles and tendons. I trust my doctor, but with it being Friday the 13th, Covid going on, and it just plain being 2020 I’m pretty nervous. Plus I’m not used to having others do everything for me and my wonderful husband has even tried to work it out so that he can take some FMLA Time off to help me the first couple of weeks.

Thank you for your prayers. Let’s hope I can walk ok by Christmas. I also need to look for a different job that doesn’t require being on my feet so pray God shows me my next direction.

Ericka Nelson