[Faith-Talk] loving well

Rob Kaiser rcubfank at sbcglobal.net
Thu Oct 29 22:55:32 UTC 2020

Please read & pass this on.

Rob Kaiser Email;

rcubfank at sbcglobal.net

<https://mcusercontent.com/1b5f1dafae8900da3ef72c04d/images/d2d1cc0b-7d5a-49
5d-b34d-beff51fabbc6.jpg>

Put away from you all bitterness and wrath and anger and wrangling and
slander, together with all malice, and be kind to one another,
tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ has forgiven you.

-Ephesians 4:31-32 (NRSV)

In just a few days, Americans will cast the final ballots in the 2020
elections. No matter who wins your local races, seats in the Senate, or the
right to sit behind the desk in the Oval Office, a large number of voters
will feel defeated and possibly angry at those who voted differently than
they did.

Chris Broadwell, the pastor of Eastport UMC in Annapolis, Maryland and
contributor to
<https://upperroom.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=1b5f1dafae8900da3ef72c0
4d&id=d44ad88b4f&e=d368e8e1e9> Rally: Communal Prayers for Lovers of Jesus
and Justice, reminds us to love each other, even when we are divided. In
"God of Many Names: A Litany for Loving Well Though We Do Not Think Alike,"
Chris provides a tool to help us love, pray for, and pray with people with
whom we disagree. We encourage you to read the words of this powerful,
responsive prayer and return to them in the coming days. Regardless of
perspective or politics or party, may we love well.

ONE: Draw us together, O God, when we separate and segregate the body of
Christ. You are with us and won't leave us to wander on our own.

ALL: Emmanuel, Prince of Peace, Reconciler:

Call us to right living with one another.

ONE: You have shown us, O God, your way, your truth, and your life. Yet we
diverge onto paths contrary to yours.

ALL: Anointed One, True Vine, Good Shepherd:

Lead us onto the path of righteousness.

ONE: You have commanded us, O God, to pick up our cross and follow you.
Instead, we have gathered rocks.

ALL: Redeemer, Resurrection, and the Life:

Teach us to value mercy over judgment.

Read the full litany from Rally at
<https://upperroom.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=1b5f1dafae8900da3ef72c0
4d&id=e1bdc49722&e=d368e8e1e9> UpperRoom.org.

Rally is a prayer book for faith communities searching for words to respond
to the injustices around them. Learn more at
<https://upperroom.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=1b5f1dafae8900da3ef72c0
4d&id=ec4cf9d255&e=d368e8e1e9> UpperRoomBooks.com/rally.

<https://upperroom.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=1b5f1dafae8900da3ef72c0
4d&id=535b3406c0&e=d368e8e1e9> READ THE LITANY

<https://upperroom.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=1b5f1dafae8900da3ef72c0
4d&id=1eebe313f9&e=d368e8e1e9> LEARN MORE ABOUT RALLY

A Call to Prayer for the U.S. Election

Friends,
We invite you to join us for a special time of prayer for the U.S.
election---for our country, our leaders, and for our neighbors. On Monday,
November 2 and Tuesday, November 3 visit
<https://upperroom.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=1b5f1dafae8900da3ef72c0
4d&id=bf0ad79b6d&e=d368e8e1e9> The Upper Room Facebook page at 11 a.m. (CST)
for guided prayer. Regardless of any divisions we have over perspective or
politics, let's join together and pray.

Save the date, and save the link:
<https://upperroom.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=1b5f1dafae8900da3ef72c0
4d&id=6bb862fdc3&e=d368e8e1e9> facebook.com/UpperRoomCenter/

Recommend this to a friend.