[Faith-Talk] for those celebrating Easter

Rob Kaiser rcubfank at sbcglobal.net
Sat Apr 3 15:37:18 UTC 2021

Great message.

Rob Kaiser Email;
rcubfank at sbcglobal.net

-----Original Message-----
From: Faith-Talk [mailto:faith-talk-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Sandra
Streeter via Faith-Talk
Sent: Saturday, April 3, 2021 6:40 AM
To: faith-talk at nfbnet.org
Cc: Sandra Streeter <sandrastreeter381 at gmail.com>
Subject: [Faith-Talk] for those celebrating Easter

Holy Saturday

Malcolm Guite

His spirit and his life he breathes in all

Now on this cross his body breathes no more

Here at the centre everything is still

Spent, and emptied, opened to the core.

A quiet taking down, a prising loose

A cross-beam lowered like a weighing scale

Unmaking of each thing that had its use

A long withdrawing of each bloodied nail,

This is ground zero, emptiness and space

With nothing left to say or think or do

But look unflinching on the sacred face

That cannot move or change or look at you.

Yet in that prising loose and letting be

He has unfastened you and set you free.

Sounding the Seasons; seventy Sonnets for the Christian Year, Canterbury
Press 2012

https://lanciaesmith.com

Sandra

"May I never get too busy in my own affairs that I fail to respond to the
needs of others with kindness and compassion."

Thomas Jefferson

https://www.avg.com