[Faith-Talk] Faith, Blindness and elderly grandparents

Ericka dotwriter1 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 11 01:16:40 UTC 2021

Oh Dayvin Tracy it’s so good to hear from you! I am so sorry Tracy is in so much pain. She’s had medical issues for so long it must be overwhelming. Yes our church came through things pretty well. We also have been on YouTube, Facebook and now it’s even on an Apple podcast! The Lord sent us a young tech savvy pastor just 2 1/2 years ago and what a blessing he is! We have been able to even assist in some of the services thanks to the magic of technology. It’s so cool to see and hear someone reading scriptures from their home or office. It reminds us that God definitely is everywhere, not just in a building. We even have a call in line so those who do not have the skills to do the Internet options can still listen to the service. It was modified but it was still very much alive and active in feeding the spirit. They have unanimously decided to continue the social media option for those who want to referred but cannot attend worship for various reasons. If you work, are ill or homebound you can still be “their“ with your church Family. And my husband pointed out to the council that more people are watching the services online then generally would show up at service on any given Sunday so our church learned how to use it as an evangelism tool. Hopefully they come to the sanctuary and meet us in person now. I know that for a while or Catholic friends were watching our Lutheran service because they did not have mass online to attend. Some of them admitted they liked our service better!

It was so good to hear from you and I am always praying for everyone. Be strong and of good courage. No things aren’t easy but I can’t imagine facing this without capital HIM.

Ericka Nelson