[Faith-Talk] accessible online events

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 13 02:25:11 UTC 2022

Hi All,

In the pandemic, I’ve attended more virtual events religious related. I’ve attended the live stream at our church.

I’ve also attended other events from large churches including the prominent National cathedral in Washington DC.

Have you been to anything like this such as online concerts, tours, docent led talks and more?
Has anyone received accomodations?

Even concerts display  text that is often not accessible. I have a little vision but  it takes so long to read print so I usually read braille.
I cannot read the on screen captions fast enough before they disappear.

I’m hoping that with advanced advocacy, I might get more access now that I know what the problems are.

Thanks,
Ashley