[Faith-Talk] Trying to Help a Prospective NFB Member Who Is Catholic

Brad Barrows bbarrows38 at mysero.net
Thu Mar 10 12:35:03 UTC 2022

I believe it is important, in our dealings with those who are searching
for ways to bolster their faith, to understand that we are not to
condemn a person with whom we may disagree, but to support that person.
I am writing from the point of view of one who was Roman Catholic as a
child and adolescent, who chose to leave that faith for a different
Christian direction in my 20s, and now has discovered that there is
much to glean from living in both worlds.

I have learned that the more we may try to hammer our own points, the
more likely the person with whom we may differ could actually retrench
and become harder to reach. It is better for us to understand that,
when it comes to a person's faith journey, we ought to approach any
disagreements with Christ's love and help support and encourage that
person to come to their own understanding.