[Faith-Talk] weird JAWS question--yes, this does have to do with faith, LOL

Doug Lee dgl at dlee.org
Thu Mar 2 18:06:26 UTC 2023

It's pretty close if you write the replacement as two words: "offer tory."

On Thu, Mar 02, 2023 at 12:16:16PM -0500, sandra streeter via Faith-Talk wrote:
Good afternoon, all,

Has anyone had success in changing the way JAWS renders the word
"offertory"? I have tried several iterations in the JAWS dictionary manager,
and the stress persists on the wrong syllable-on "fer" rather than "off";
Driving me crazy! Any hep, greatly appreciated!

Sandra

The best place to start an adventure is with a quiet, perfect  life ... and
someone who realizes that it can't possibly be enough.
(Kevin J. Anderson)

What is most worth paying for, you buy with the life you live.
(11/10/07)