[Faith-Talk] Food for Thought: Is There Still a Need for Specialized Bibles

BRUCE&JOY BRESLAUER breslauerj at gmail.com
Sun May 28 01:45:29 UTC 2023

My opinion is: absolutely positively ... yes!  I still like to pick up a
Braille copy of the Bible and read it with my fingers.  There are times when an
audio Bible is important to have, but it is not always convenient to use it in
church or in a Bible study.  A Braille bible is not easily portable and there
are many times when someone leading a Bible study or giving a sermon will teach
from several different Scripture passages in several different parts of the
Bible, or you might be called upon to read a certain passage in a class or a
study.  That is most easily done on an electronic notetaker.  Some people don't
have room for an 18 or 24-volume Braille Bible.  I am still glad I have one,
and I also have a few translations on my electronic Braille device.  These are
recently acquired luxuries for which I am most grateful.  I am also grateful
for Bible apps, but they are not always convenient to use if you are trying to
listen in a noisy environment without earphones without disturbing others.
They are wonderful to take traveling to pass the time.

Joy