[Flagdu] New member saying hello

Dan Weiner dcwein at dcwein.cnc.net
Thu Dec 24 22:23:31 UTC 2009

Hello,Adrijana.

I have a strange feeling you know who I am--smile. Actually, folks, Adrijana
is a friend and we've talked a lot about guide dogs.
Let me be the first, though I suspect not the last, to welcome you to this
list.
For those who might not know me, my  name
Is Dan Weiner and I live in the central Florida area, just north of Orlando.
I have a black lab from Leader Dogs named Carter, a spunky, hard-working,
and sometimes goofy four-legged dynamo.
He's my third dog.
I'm 39-years-old, totally blind since age nine, and am in to languages and
music.  I am single.

Anyway, I think I've mentioned to you that there are three or four US guide
dog schools that have accepted students from other lands, though I suspect
Macedonia has not been among them, and you'd be the first--smile.  Who
knows, you might be the trail-blazer.

Also, let me suggest that you join the NAGDU list.  Our Florida list is full
of wonderful caring people, but we aren't very active on the list
sometimes--smile.
The NAGDU (National Association  of Guide Dog Users) list is significantly
more high-traffic.  Of course, it goes without saying you're welcome on both
lists.

Kind regards,

Dan and the Carter Hound