[Flagdu] FLAGDU invitation to you!!

Sherrill O'Brien sherrill.obrien at verizon.net
Tue May 19 17:48:41 UTC 2009

Greetings to all FLAGDU Members and Potential Members,

FLAGDU has an exciting seminar planned for the 2009 NFBF state convention!!
I am hoping to see current guide dog users, those in between dogs (like our
vice president Merry Schoch), and those who may be contemplating whether or
not to get a guide dog.  I’m also extending an invitation to  you parents of
blind children to join our division and our new FLAGDU list if you would
like to learn about guide dogs from the best source—those of us who use
them!

One of our goals is to avoid spending too much seminar time for registration
of FLAGDU members.  If you plan on renewing your membership or joining the
division, I encourage you to send me an e-mail at
sherrill.obrien at verizon.net or to Merry at merrys at verizon.net.  If you do
not plan on attending the convention this year and would like to pay dues
for FLAGDU please send dues to David Anspach, Treasurer FLAGDU at 3015 138th
Place North, Largo, FL 33711.  Membership dues are currently $2 per person.
Please enclose your contact information with e-mail address if applicable.
If you want to renew or join, and you’ll be at the convention,  FLAGDU Board
member Betty McNally,  Merry Schoch or I will be happy to collect your dues
starting on Friday.

FLAGDU has a new listserv.  Individuals who sign up for this listserv will
receive no SPAM since this is monitored at the National level of the NFB by
David Andrews.  All are welcome to join, and I hope many of you will do so.

The easiest way to subscribe is to Simply send an email to
flagdu-request at nfbnet.org and put the word subscribe in the subject line.
Dave Andrews will take care of the rest.  The only drawback to this method
is that you’ll be given a password rather than having the option of choosing
your own.  But of course you get a reminder of your password(s) every month.

Or, if you’re feeling really ambitious, please follow these steps:
Log onto:  www.nfbnet.org
Click on:  Join or Drop NFBnet Mailing Lists
Click on:  Flagdu
Go to text box and enter:  Your email address
You have the option to go text box and enter:  Your name
Pick a password:
Reenter password to confirm:
Which language do you prefer to display your messages? English (USA)
Would you like to receive list mail batched in a daily digest?   No  Yes
Last step:  Submit but

Hoping to see you over the Memorial Day weekend in Boca Raton!!  Our FLAGDU
meeting will be at noon in the Aruba Room.

Sincerely,
Sherrill O’Brien
President, Florida Association of Guide Dog Users