[Flagdu] [Nfbf-l] FW: homecoming

davidw dwermuth1 at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 16 10:10:05 UTC 2009

David congrats for getting your first Guide and good luck getting all your
dogs to accept Jack as your # 1.   I was in the class before you and
recieved a 54 pound Vizsla named Bingo.   She is working great and although
a bit smaller then 74 pounds I am happy.

In our class a Woman came in a week after the majority of the class and all
we heard from her is that she wanted the "biggest" dog so not being
sarcastic or wanting a arguement it goes both ways in believeing the biggest
dog is the best.

She actually had three dog changes in the three weeks she was there
(retraining from three months prior, (ruined her first dog))and had to have
a trainer follow her back to the North to asisst her after she graduated.

I feel as though I left with the best Guide and most of the other class was
debateing over the biggest dog  (men and women)  I understand that some
women want a big guide to feel protected from outside threats and because I
am not a woman I can only try to understand why they feel that way.  Then
again always remember that it's not the size of the guide it's how well you
two work together.

 We were photographed when I was at Southeastern for a magazine for one of
their 2 or 3 page promoteing the school and was proud to do it as I really
feel strong on certain aspect's of Southeastern.  Then I asked for some
copy's of the magazine to be sent to me to send off to my two kids and
family and I heard from one of the staff members that it would cost "$15.00"
to send them and pretty much come pick them up to save them postage.  OH
WELL, I don't drive so...

Southeastern does have a new Vet Dr. there and my guide has a small bump on
her side so they hoped I could get the magazines then but as far as I am
concerned their new Vet Dr. dropped the ball on respect for me and has a bit
of narsism.
So anyway, again I got a good Guide and all is great and I hope everyone has
a great day,

David Wermuth
President
A to Z Adaptive Aids