[Flagdu] My Mistake: DOJ redefines service animal -- dogs only

Dan Weiner dcwein at dcwein.cnc.net
Mon Aug 9 20:04:09 UTC 2010

Well, as I understand it, an animal has to have been individually trained to
perform a task which mitigates a disability.
Now, call me closed-minded, but I've never heard of snake training--smile.

I used to be exasperated with my fellow guide dog users who were so worried
about bogus service animals, but I must say  I'm beginning to see the point
of all these concerns.

Now, this may just be emotion, but I also feel it cheapens all the work that
trainers and we ourselves put in to our dogs.  The buck has to stop
somewhere or put in other words, there does need to be some limit.

Dan W. and the Carter Nut