[Flagdu] Information on Smelly or Offensive Dogs

Marion & Martin swampfox1833 at verizon.net
Wed Feb 3 02:21:23 UTC 2010

Dear All,
    I contacted a colleague with the Department of Justice concerning the information I forwarded from the Soutwest DBTAC referencing proposed rules that state that Title II & III entities may refuse to admit service animals deemed to be "smelly or offensive". This person stated that, to the best of his knowledge, this is not a part of the proposed rules; however, in his capacity, he is unable to provide any more information than this. He also stated again, to the best of his knowledge, no information concerning what the actual rules sent to the Office of management & Budget (OMB) has been released. It is suggested that we simply wait patiently for the new rules to be published and then make our comments to the proper officials.
    I hope this information is helpful to you. I assure you that NAGDU will make an official response to the new rules should they have a negative impact on our members or contain arbitrary, subjective  language such as what was published by the SW DBTAC.

Fraternally yours,
Marion Gwizdala, President
National Association of Guide dog Users
National Federation of the Blind