[Flagdu] Interfering with Normal business Flow

Marion Gwizdala blind411 at verizon.net
Tue Jun 15 19:30:26 UTC 2010

Jodi,
    One of the restrictions from access accompanied by our guide dogs,
according to regulations of the Food & Drug Administration, is in "areas of
food preparation". We once worked with a blind person who had a dishwashing
job at a Pizza Hut prior to getting his dog. When he returned to work, he
was required to have his dog ties down in an office, since the dishwashing
area was also the food prep area. Furthermore, FDA rules prohibit service
animals from sitting on the seats, at the tables, or being fed in a
restaurant. I need to find those regulations now that I have opened that can
of worms! (smile)

fraternally yours,
Marion