[Flagdu] Fw: [Gduf-l] And there I was, in the middle of the Walmart Driveway

Patricia A. Lipovsky plipovsky at cfl.rr.com
Mon Feb 7 17:02:49 UTC 2011

So I decided to walk home from Walmart today, since it was a nice day.  I came out of Walmart, and turned right down the side walk which goes out to the main drag.  As we proceeded down this sidewalk, Gertie acted kind of funny, but nothing really too strange so we proceeded on our merry way.  At one point, she tried to take me across the driveway, but I thought she was just veering off the sidewalk to go around some carriages or something, so I encouraged her back onto the side walk, and we proceeded to the main drag.

We arrive at the end of the driveway where the main road is, and where the driveway and sidewalk of the main road intersect.  At tat point I told her to turn left to go across the driveway and onto the sidewalk on the other side, proceeding north toward where we live.  We waited for some traffic pulling out of the walmart driveway, and then when It cleared, I gave her the forward command.  She went forward for a pretty good ways, and then stopped, which I thought might be for a car or something.  Well, no car, so I reached down and touched her back, and low and behold, she was doing a number two right there in the middle of the Walmart driveway.

So now, I pull out my baggy which I stuck in my pocket before I left the house, and attempted to open it, but struggled with opening it because of the wind.  In the mean time, a lady pulls up, and tried to comfort me by saying its ok, and not to worry, to take my time, and maybe not even worry about picking up the poop since all the cars behind her probably wouldn't care.

I told her that I was very sorry for this, and it wouldn't be proper for me to leave the poop here, and proceeded to try and get the baggy open.

I'm sure you can imagine how I felt at this point, totally embarrassed, and the harder I tried to get the baggy open, the harder it was to get it open because of the wind.  Needless to say, after what seemed like an eternity, I finally got the bag open, and without thinking which way I was facing, bent over, with my but facing the traffic going down the main road, picked up the poop and proceeded across the rest of the driveway and down the sidewalk.

I can only tell you I was totally embarrassed, holding up the traffic coming out of Walmart, on a very busy Saturday, and very surprised since my dog, up till now, always went once a day in the morning, and that was it.

I wanted to share this with you guys, since, number one, it makes me feel better, and number two, embarrassing moments happen to all of us, and I think it is a good thing if we can share them with each other.  Its part of living and traveling with these wonderful creatures.  I have to admit, I can't remember the last time I felt so embarrassed.  It goes back to being able to read your dog, and being in tune with it's signals.  Its so important.  Since Gertie and I have only been together a little over 4 months, I'm going to have to learn how to read her signals better.  Trust me, this was a learning experience.

Thanks for listening.

Failure is not falling down, it is not getting up again.
Have a Great Day