[Flagdu] David Bearden & Upton

Marion Gwizdala blind411 at verizon.net
Wed Oct 5 23:23:39 UTC 2011

Dear All,
    David Bearden called me today and asked that I share some information with this list, as he is still having technical challenges. David told me that his guide dog, Upton, has been limping lately, so he took him to the vet today. The vet did a biopsy on a growth on Upton's knee and found that he has a very aggressive cancer. The vet wanted to put Upton down, but David says he doesn't want Upton to die in pain. Tomorrow morning, Upton will have surgery to remove some of his limph glands and help ease his pain. The vet told David that it will buy a little time, but he doesn't expect Upton to survive more than 3 - 6 months. Please keep David in your thoughts and prayers. Losing a trusted guide is very difficult, but when our friends are so young (Upton is only six), it is even more challenging.

Fraternally yours,
Marion Gwizdala