[Flagdu] visit the flagdu suite for culinary delights, camaraderie, and conversation! important information, please read

Sherrill O'Brien sherrill.obrien at verizon.net
Fri May 25 00:52:02 UTC 2012

Hello to all flagdu members!

The big announcement is here!

Announcing our FLAGDU HOSPITALITY SUITE!
To celebrate FLAGDU's tenth anniversary, the Flagdu Board is excited to
invite Flagdu members to our hospitality suite, located on the third floor
in room 339, at various times throughout the convention. We will be sharing
good food and conversation about our NFBF division, and having fun as well!

We encourage you to stop by before our Flagdu seminar to pay your $5 dues if
you have not done so by mail. You'll find the door open whenever the suite
is available to you. To give you a better idea of how to find us, turn right
when you get off the elevator, take the next right, and room 339 will be
down at the very end of that hall on the left.

Here is the schedule and information about the food we'll be serving. Flagdu
Board members will have the schedule with them at all times, so if you can't
remember it, you can ask Sherrill O'Brien, Merry Schoch, Sherri Brun, David
Bearden and Kathy Davis about it. Also, the schedule will be available in
both print and Braille at the information table, which will be located in
the nFBF registration area. Please don't ask about it while you are actually
registering, since those volunteers won't have the information.

A big thank you goes out to Debbie Hietala for her generosity in providing
the snacks and soft drinks which will be available to you in our suite!

FLAGDU SCHEDULE: (please save this information so you can refer to it at
convention)
Friday evening 6:00 till 7:45  snacks, soft drinks and bottled water (and a
great time to pay your dues to FLAGDU). On Friday evening, the suite will be
open to anyone wishing to stop by; you do not have to be a member, but we
would hope you would be interested in information on guide dogs and our
division.

Saturday 12:15 till 2:30 Lunch: sloppy joes, "Uncle B's baked beans" and
chips (and another opportunity to pay your dues for FLAGDU prior to our
meeting) Members only please. If you have not paid your dues for 2012,
simply pay at the door.

Saturday 3:00 till 4:50 FLAGDU meeting and seminar, Barbados Room

Saturday 5:30 till 6:30 snacks and soft drinks (post FLAGDU meeting
get-together)

Sunday 11:45 till 1:00 lunch: tuna salad sandwiches, members only please.

We hope this hospitality suite will give all of us a chance to become better
acquainted with one another, and generate enthusiasm and ideas about how we
can strengthen our division. We also want to  give good information to those
who are thinking about whether to get a guide dog.

We'll see you in the FLAGDU suite!

Sherrill O'Brien, President
Florida Association of Guide Dog Users