[Flagdu] state convention flagdu seminar, we'd like to hear from you!

Sherrill O'Brien sherrill.obrien at verizon.net
Mon Nov 11 22:45:13 UTC 2013

Hello to all,

It does seem strange to be talking about the upcoming state convention, but
indeed we'll be heading to Daytona Beach in just over two months! The FLAGDU
Board is once again working to present an interesting program during our
annual FLAGDU seminar. We've had programs the past several years dealing
with topics many have said they enjoyed, including in-flight safety, TSA
security procedures, and canine massage. So we'd like to follow up with
another program you'll be eager to attend. One idea we had was to bring in a
pannel of persons who deal with other types of working dogs to describe
their training and role in the lives of those they serve, such as  a
policeman with his "canine officer." Another panelist could be a trainer or
handler of a dog who assists a soldier who suffers from physical trauma
and/or PTSD The tasks these dogs perform are fascinating. We would like both
your feedback  on this possible pannel, and any other suggestions you may
have.

Stay tuned for more info on our seminar, relief area details, and ways you
can pay your 2014 dues to FLAGDU. But we would really like to hear from you.
It would be good to send your comments and suggestions to the FLAGDU list,
but of course you're welcome to send me an email as well at
sherrill.obrien at verizon.net.

Your FLAGDU Board is looking forward to your ideas!

Sherrill