[Flagdu] tax exempt form for supplies for guide dog users

National Association of Guide Dog Users blind411 at verizon.net
Sat Oct 26 18:05:14 UTC 2013

Janet,
	There is a form - dR151 - that one can complete and send to the
Florida Department of Revenue to receive a tax exemption for guide dog food
and medical expenses. The challenge FLAGDU is working on is that it requires
one to have an identification card from the Florida Division of Blind
Services. Such an i.d. does not verify one has a guide dog, only that one is
blind. We are working to find a sponsor for a bill to remove this
requirement and replace it with a signed affidavit.

Fraternally yours,
Marion Gwizdala