[Flagdu] FW: [nagdu] A CCB resolution on changes tohave certification for service dogs

Janet DeLuca janetsyear2010 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 6 12:15:35 UTC 2014

Good Morning,

After giving this some thought and reading  Marion's thoughtful responses we
must all be proactive. We need to continue to educate the public!
Yes Fl did revise the ADA Law for fair housing, with a penalty of 3 months
of community service for those that break the law.
 I have spoke with some Senators, Veterinarians, and State Legislators that
would like to see the DOJ revise the Law by adding stiffer penalties for
those that break the law with a "Fake" service dog, but again that takes a
lot of time and many steps.
There  are many people listed above, that would love to even see a
Commercial made about how  this is a "Real" service dog, this is a "Fake"
service dog and letting people know their legal rights as a owner of a
business.IE. Even if it's a service dog misbehaving they can ask them to
leave.
There are many business owners that are afraid to ask someone to leave, only
to end up on that evening news.
I think Pat may have used the wrong word when saying "Loop Hole"  no matter
what we as handlers need to get the correct information out to the public,
and or businesses. Those of us that have a service dog  that is well
behaved, and are doing the job there trained for, are the ones that are
losing out because of those with a "Fake" service dog that is acting out!

        Respectfully, Janet DeLuca