[Flagdu] FW: news story in March access denial by Joe's crab shack

Sherrill O'Brien Sherrill.obrien at verizon.net
Fri Jun 27 13:04:59 UTC 2014

Hello all,

Here's the link to a story about two guys with their dogs who tried to go to
the Daytona Joe's Crabh Shack back in March. When I googled this, I couldn't
find any story more current than this one.

In this instance, the manager says the dogs  were barking and disturbing
customers. We certainly don't know the facts, but as you probably are aware,
businesses have the right to tell a patron to leave if their dog  is "out of
control".

As far as helping others, we are the association of guide dog users. Our job
is to educate and advocate on behalf of those who have chosen to travel with
a guide dog. The proliferation of legitimate service dogs is a good thing
for many people. But we don't have the resources to help everyone who,
truthfully or not, says they were discriminated against when trying to go
into a public place with their dog. As citizens, we all have the right to
protest something we feel is wrong. But as an organization, we have to make
choices, and we are knowledgeable advocates for guide dog users. I hope this
clarifies our position.

The link to the story is below my signature.

Warm regards

Sherrill

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/men-say-manager-told-them-no-guide-dogs-
joes-crab-/nWdyy/