[Flagdu] Need your help

Peter blackbelt48 at earthlink.net
Fri May 2 13:49:41 UTC 2014

Hi everybody,
I have a friend Michele who has a Gide dog. Michele has been employed here for many years, along with her dog.
Below is a letter she sent, which explains this matter.

Hi all,

My boss came to me the other day and said he’d like a copy of Abby’s guide dog certification for my personnel file as well as her shot records. He said it was to protect himself as well as Abby and I.

When I told him I was willing to give it to him but I didn’t think he was allowed to ask for it, he said: You find me a lawyer who will represent you in fighting me on this.

Well I know the ADA says about guide Dogs in public places, I was wondering if it is different when applying to employer/employee?

Any help or input on this would be welcome.

Michelle and Abby