[Flagdu] important information about our FLAGDU elections

Sherrill O'Brien Sherrill.obrien at verizon.net
Tue May 22 18:21:05 UTC 2018

Hello all,

I wanted to give you a heads-up about the elections we will be holding at
our FLAGDU business meeting and seminar on Saturday, from 3:00 till 5:00. I
encourage you to attend and participate.

The positions which need to be filled this year are:

President, Secretary and one Board position.

I have decided that after ten years of being FLAGDU's president, it's time
for me to step down. I am honored to have served, and am pleased to let you
know that Merry Schoch has agreed to run for president! I know she would do
a wonderful job, so am totally supporting her in this decision. If she were
to be elected, then we would   need to hold an election to fill her one year
term as vice president.

I wanted to let you know all this so you can think about whether you, or
someone you know, might wish to run for any of these offices or the one
Board position.

Please give this some thoughtful consideration. I look forward to seeing
many of you at our meeting.

With warm regards,

Sherrill

Sherrill O'Brien, President

Florida Association of Guide Dog Users

Phone 813-935-0474, cell 813-767-1890

email Sherrill.obrien at verizon.net

expectations because low expectations create barriers between blind people
and our dreams. You can live the life you want! Blindness is not what holds
you bac