[FLAGDU] Trouble with Lyft & Uber ride with service dog!

mrmikie273 at gmail.com mrmikie273 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 6 20:38:01 UTC 2020

Lyft & Uber ride sharing trouble with having a seeing eye dog!

On 6-4-2020 I ordered a Lyft ride at the Winn dixie in the Daytona beach
shores. It showed the driver Mark showed up but never picked me up! He
canceled the ride I think he saw me standing with my service dog. So, I
ordered another Lyft ride this time the driver showed up but never picked me
up again! I asked a Winn Dixie employee if he could see a Lyft car. He said
no. Lyft charged me for a no show! So, I gave up on Lyft & ordered an Uber.
Mark the Lyft driver got it because he was right there. But he told the Uber
app that I did not have a face mask on this time. guess what? I had a face
mask on the whole time while shopping & while standing outside waiting for
my rides. The next Uber driver did pick me right up at the spot I had been
waiting!

I was in clear view. I did report on all 3 in incidence to both companies.
Both responded very fast. Uber has 2 strike policy. So, they warned Mark!
Lyft has not gotten back with me yet!

Next time I will take a photo of me wearing a mask every time I order a
ride.

Always report all trouble you have with any ride services. This is the only
way we will get rid of these bad drivers.

Mike Bowmer