[FLAGDU] Upcoming training!

Debbie Malone dmalone510 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 6 22:56:43 UTC 2021

Announcement about Training Program Contracts
The widespread publicity about the recent repossession of a nearly
ten-year-old guide dog by Southeastern Guide Dogs has left many wondering
how they are protected from such arbitrary, unwarranted intrusion in their
lives. Most admit they have never read the contract and wonder what they
might have agreed to. Others are applying to training programs and want to
know what the contract says before beginning training. Everyone wants to
know how they can protect themselves if this ever happens to them!
On Thursday, April 8, 2021 at 8:00 p.m. Eastern (7:00 p.m. Central; 6:00
p.m. Mountain; & 5:00 p.m. Pacific), Advocates for Service Animal Partners
(ASAP) will host an informative webinar entitled, “Before You Sign on the
dotted Line: Understanding your training program contract”. This
interactive discussion will be facilitated by Marion Gwizdala, featureing
Cody Davis, a blind attorney and guide dog user. Topics will include
*”I signed what?” – The importance of reading the contract before you start
your training
*”Does it really say that?” – Troubling clauses from real contracts
*”Possession is 9/10 of the law!” – It’s easier to keep what you have than
to get what you don’t
*””Is it really mine?” – An overview of property rights
*”What can the cops do?” – Contract enforcement or criminal trespassing
During the webinar we will offer opportunities to ask questions. You can
submit your questions in advance by sending your question to
Blind411 at verizon.net
With “Webinar Question” in the subject line. We will also offer
opportunities to ask spontaneous questions by text or email during the
webinar. Space is limited on a first come/first in basis. The information
provided during this seminar is intended as informal guidance only and
should not be construed as legal advice. To join the webinar, please select
one of the following:
Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85150236813...
<https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fus02web.zoom.us%2Fj%2F85150236813%3Fpwd%3DMUJBUldWbmNpL3dkb05wckhrQVJlQT09%26fbclid%3DIwAR1PZ40beux8NjpOzXcodiNdGxOZEpA-lGpacSnn9_aWNyZFo71JWv13zAA&h=AT2ZCx5L6Ub54PZLYTlnp3iJcTa4xACABur_5rmX9So1X3Nn4NnxU6vxrYNXZYNVEyN5BtQimOOU40sIXf8kFpua7ELVdCjHMWTcS0u8lb4exkr79GaNmlRvTisTJnT15aJuivL6K8NtPt7caQ&__tn__=-UK-R&c[0]=AT2-NSPHsqWAzrxvuaNQ6rGewaolcYcYzzIurmA5Jpv4CDuMcICcYbo6OiHfna_Qzju5AVE5y4i8VJg8u1s7QwFhT7qvZrLgkub_sy_nak63n2EvuYysGN0-qbeb24UIdwq6WuYRunuqUW0UzhqoRSyT4FtHVpwBvGDnBf4Qqm4LA79dS_GGj4c>
Meeting ID: 851 5023 6813
Passcode: 646360
One tap mobile
+13017158592,,85150236813#,,,,*646360# US (Washington DC)
+13126266799,,85150236813#,,,,*646360# US (Chicago)
Dial by your location
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
Meeting ID: 851 5023 6813
Passcode: 646360
Advocates for Service Animal Partners (ASAP) is an expanding nationwide
network of service animal advocates. Our goal is to encourage, educate, and
support service animal handlers through printed and electronic
publications, Informational webinars, recorded educational materials, and
direct advocacy support, intervention, and mediation. In support of this
mission, we also seek to educate employers, governmental entities, private
companies, housing accommodations, and the airline industry about the
rights, responsibilities, and limitations of Service animal access under
state and federal law. In addition, Advocates for Service Animal Partners
intends to influence public policy and laws affecting disabled individuals
who use service animals through the strengthening of state laws concerning
access and removing barriers to that access. If you would like to join our
advocacy network and stay informed on the issues affecting service animal
partners and the effort of ASAP, please send an email message to
blind411 at verizon.net
Watch for our social media launch in early April and the ASAP Hotline in
June!
Advocates for Service animal Partners (ASAP)
(813) 626-2789
Blind411 at verizon.net
US02WEB.ZOOM.US
Join our Cloud HD Video Meeting

--
*Debbie Malone*
*FLAGDU President*

*727-945-2299*
*InclusionEducation.com *
*Unlikely Dancer* available on Amazon at
https://www.amazon.com/dp/1945456477