[FLAGDU] My frightening scary experience with Southeastern Guide dog School!

mrmikie273 at gmail.com mrmikie273 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 7 22:54:56 UTC 2021

My frightening scary experience with Southeastern Guide dog School!

In about 2013 someone knocked on my front door! I answered my front door & a
person said I am from Southeastern Guidedog school. I did not know this
person, so I was weary that they were really from Southeastern Guide Dog
School because I had not talked to anyone from the school in over 4 years.
This person said they were just in the area & was just checking in on every
one in her area! So, I finally thought this person was from Southeastern so
I asked did someone complain she said no. I said why did you not call first
before coming over, she said she did not have a phone number for me! That
was not true because I have had the same phone number for over 25 years &
because of my business you could google or Bing me & you would have my phone
number! I said it was not a good idea to show up at a blind person's door
expecting to get into the house if they did not know you.

So, I finally let her in. She started asking lots of questions about my
Guide dog. She wanted to take the dog up to Publix to weight the dog. I said
no. She started saying things like if the dog was overweight the dog could
be taken for abuse & she repeated this several times.

You need to know I have never missed an annual vet visit for shots &
checkup. This Guide dog had been with me for over 6 years & this was my
fourth dog guide. I love each & every one of my dogs!!!

She said she would be back in a few weeks & would like the dog's weight at
that time. So, I said ok & she left.

I felt in a real panic thinking someone could take my dog after being with
him for over 6 years. Over the next week I talked to another dog guide
users& most of them just said you must of just miss understood her. No one
thought a school would do that. I was still very worried that this could
happen.

So still worried I called FLAGDU & they asked for me to send them a copy of
my Southeastern Guide dog school contract. So, I did & I also went thru that
contract again.

Under my contract with Southeastern Guide dog School contract, I owned my
dog & they did not have the wright to take the dog!

I do understand they have changed their contract since I got my dog from
them.

I would never recommend anyone going to Southeastern Guide dog school. There
are other schools that are much more consumer friendly!

This is just my opinion & experience.

Mike Bowmer