[FLAGDU] FW: My Letter of Resignation

Marion Gwizdala marion.gwizdala at verizon.net
Thu Mar 11 10:33:45 UTC 2021

Kathy,

	I appreciate the kind words. I believe, though, rather than being upset over my resignation, our membership should be upset with the manner in which NAGDU and the NFB have dismissed this issue. I cannot fight for the rights of guide dog users when the organization I represent will not stand up to the immoral and unethical behavior of an agency serving the blind for whom they claim to be an advocate.

	I must also take this opportunity to let everyone know that, because I exposed the NAGDU president's dismissive behavior, they have censored me by putting me on moderated status. Though they have the right to do this, the better action would have been to acknowledge his mistake and offer to help. The NAGDU board is still dragging its feet! When President Gallegos finally contacted Rev. Blake five days after learning of Southeastern Guide Dogs egregious behavior, rather than committing to help her, he stated, "I need to take this to my seven-member board." This is an emergent situation that required swift, decisive action and one week later they are still sitting on their hands! I guarantee you, if this were any other agency for the blind other than a guide dog training program, you better believe they would be all over it! Shame on you NFB!

Marion Gwizdala

Marion Gwizdala
(813) 626-2789
Marion.Gwizdala at verizon.net