[GABS] Fwd: [NFB_of_Georgia] Fraudulent Emails Going Around - Please Read

VIAS, ARMANDO armando at avias.me
Tue Jan 10 22:58:46 UTC 2023

________________________________
From: NFB_of_Georgia <nfb_of_georgia-bounces at nfbnet.org> on behalf of Dorothy Griffin via NFB_of_Georgia <nfb_of_georgia at nfbnet.org>
Sent: Tuesday, January 10, 2023 5:45:31 PM
To: NFB of Georgia List <nfb_of_georgia at nfbnet.org>
Cc: Dorothy Griffin <dgriffin at nfbga.org>
Subject: [NFB_of_Georgia] Fraudulent Emails Going Around - Please Read

Hello NFB of Georgia Members, Affiliate Presidents, and Chapter Presidents Once again the email bandit is sending out an email that says it is from Dorothy (me).  Asking you to do me a favor or asking you to purchase gift cards (visa, amazon etc.) and I will reimburse you.  The messages change in what they may say I am asking you to do.  Please share with everyone in this affiliate, friends and family that may not be connected with the NFB, and NFB of Georgia,, etx., and to not answer the emails.  Please delete them and let me know what email they are using.

Please know that I would never email you to ask you to do me a favor and especially not to ask you to purchase anything for me for reimbursement.  If I were to need a favor I would pick up the phone and call you, although it would not be a monetary request. Again  I have made a report to the, GBI Crimes Against Disabled Adults and Elderly (CADE) Task Force.

Due to us having new members joining our chapters and divisions I am asking all chapter and division presidents to please make your members aware of this issue and inform them to report the email address of the fictitious email and to delete it immediately from emails, spam and your trash.

Thank you so much and if you have any questions please feel free to give me a call.

Respectfully,
--
Dorothy Griffin - President
National Federation of the Blind of Georgia

____________
The email message above was sent on behalf of me (Armando Vias). Below, you will find contact information, including a link to my website.
Thank you.
Contact Information
Armando L. Vias
Blogger | Blind And Disability Rights Advocate
Phone (Main): (478) 273-0099<tel:4782730099>

Direct Email: armando at avias.me<mailto:armando at avias.me>

Main Email: info at avias.me<mailto:info at avias.me>

Visit Me On The Web: https://avias.me