[Gopbc] Atlanta Seminar/Blind Day at the Capitol

gaikens at nfbga.org gaikens at nfbga.org
Fri Jan 26 13:02:18 UTC 2018

Dear friends and Federationists,

You are invited to join the NFB of Georgia during our Atlanta Seminar on
February 12, 2018 at the Capitol building in Atlanta. We will be meeting
with legislators to discuss protecting the rights of blind parents and other
issues relevant to the blind community.

Join us from 9:00-11:00 AM in CAP 122 on the first floor to hear from
speakers and meet with our legislators about this important issue. Please
invite your legislators to join us during this time.

After 11:00 AM, we encourage everyone to set up a meeting with your
legislator to continue the conversation about protecting the rights of blind
parents.

Across the country and right here in Georgia, parents have faced
discrimination and their right to parent has been called into question based
only on the fact they are blind. For more information on this important
issue, please read the attached fact sheet.

We look forward to seeing you on February 12!

Please contact Stancil Tootle (stootle at nfbga.org <mailto:stootle at nfbga.org>
) or Greg Aikens (gaikens at nfbga.org <mailto:gaikens at nfbga.org> ) with any
questions about the Atlanta Seminar.

Sincerely,