[Greater-baltimore] Ron Metenyi

Dan Frye dfrye at nfb.org
Wed Dec 10 03:53:36 UTC 2008

Renee:

I can perform this Braille writing if somebody else hasn't
already volunteered.

With Kind Regards,

Daniel B.  Frye
Office: (410) 659-9314, Ext 2208
Mobile: (410) 241-7006
Note: This message has been issued remotely from the Braille
Note.

List"<greater-baltimore at nfbnet.org
>Date sent: Tue, 09 Dec 2008 18:51:43 -0500
>Subject: [Greater-baltimore] Ron Metenyi

>Dear fellow Federationists:

>I am writing to you to give you news about one of our members, as
well as an opportunity to help him.  Most of you will know our
fellow chapter member Ron Metenyi, who has been involved in the
NFBMD for decades.  I have not seen Ron at a chapter meeting in a
very long time, which is unusual as he was heretofore a very
regular attendee, and I called him to express my, and the
chapter's, concern for him and to see if we could be of help to
him.  He indicated that he has not been feeling well for quite
some time, and when I spoke with Sharon Maneki about his
situation she informed me that he has had some hard times lately.
We thought he might appreciate thoughtful contact from his
friends in the Baltimore Chapter.  What I am suggesting is that,
at the chapter's Repast after the meeting, we provide a Perkins
Brailler so that members can write notes to Ron and give him our
best wishes.  These messages would then be sent to Ron in a
package along with a nice card.  I would like to have somebody
available to write messages on the Perkins for those who don't
know Braille.  If you feel that you will not be able to attend
the upcoming chapter meeting but you would like to send a message
to Ron, please reply to me personally with the text of your
message.