[Greater-baltimore] Good News from Annapolis

nfbmd nfbmd at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 11 15:19:47 UTC 2009

Hello, all.

Many thanks to everyone who attended hearings, wrote letters, made phone
calls, and visited with delegates and senators. Our hard work paid off. The
rights of blind parents and caregivers in custody, adoption, and CINA cases
will be protected because the Maryland General Assembly passed HB 689 and SB
613. We are one step closer to solving the quiet car problem because the
Maryland General Assembly extended the Quiet Vehicle and Pedestrian Safety
Task Force to December 31, 2010.  We look forward to the future
recommendations of this task force. Now we must wait for the governor's
signature for these bills to be come the laws of Maryland.

Congratulations to us. We are changing what it means to be blind in
Maryland.

Sharon