[Greater-baltimore] All Hands Needed in Annapolis on February 12

nfbmd nfbmd at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 7 16:22:51 UTC 2009

Hello, all.

HB417, the Equal Access Act for Persons with Disabilities will have a
hearing in the Health and Government Operation committee on Thursday,
February 12 at 1:00PM. Transportation will leave from the NCB at 11:30AM.
Please contact Mrs. Maurer if you can come. Sligo Creek area people should
contact Debbie Brown for the transportation meeting place. Anyone not
covered by these locations should contact Sharon Maneki.

Unfortunately, there is strong opposition to this bill including opposition
from other disability groups. I know that many of you will have worked
earlier in the week in Washington so it is a very busy week. We really need
a large turnout. We have no control over when these hearings occur.

Federationists are hearty. We can make a difference with this legislations
for the future of blind persons. Come and helps us build that brighter
future. Thanks.

Sharon