[Greater-baltimore] Meeting reminder

Danielsen, Chris CDanielsen at nfb.org
Fri Sep 18 13:06:33 UTC 2009

Greetings, fellow Federationists:

This is just a quick note to remind you that the monthly meeting of the
Greater Baltimore Chapter of the National Federation of the Blind of
Maryland will take place tomorrow, September 19, at 10 a.m. in the
fourth floor conference room of the original building of the national
Center for the Blind.  Breakfast, provided by members Jim McCarthy and
his wife Terri Uttermohlen, who also serves as First Vice President of
the chapter, will be served at 9 a.m. in the NCB dining room. Please
bring a small donation to help reimburse this dedicated couple for the
cost of the breakfast delicacies. You'll also want to have extra cash on
hand to support the efforts of the Maryland Association of Blind
Students. Its president, Denzel Ferges, informs me that the students
will be conducting a bake sale during the PAC break of the chapter
meeting and will be auctioning some items as well. Our extremely active
and enthusiastic students are also conducting a food drive for the
community, so feel free to bring any canned goods or other nonperishable
food items that you have on hand.

Once again this year, the Greater Baltimore Chapter is participating in
the annual macy's Shop for a Cause event. The Greater Baltimore Chapter
will be selling coupons good for deep discounts at macy's on October 17,
2009. The coupons are $5 each and I will have them at the meeting
tomorrow.

The meeting will, of course, also include the Presidential Release;
state report; discussion of our continuing efforts to promote Braille
literacy and sell the Louis Braille Bicentennial Silver Dollar; and
information about the upcoming state convention, as well as many other
items of interest. I look forward to seeing all of you tomorrow morning.

Sincerely:

Chris Danielsen, Chapter President

Christopher S. Danielsen
Director of Public Relations
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND
200 East Wells Street
Baltimore, Maryland 21230
Phone: 410-659-9314, ext. 2330
Fax: 410-685-5653
Cell phone: 410-262-1281
Email: cdanielsen at nfb.org
www.nfb.org <http://www.nfb.org/>

There is a Braille literacy crisis in America.
You can be part of the solution.
Buy the Louis Braille Bicentennial Silver Dollar now!
<https://catalog.usmint.gov/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?la
ngId=-1&storeId=10001&catalogId=10001&identifier=4000>