[Greater-baltimore] Congratulations to us!

Melissa Ann Riccobono melissa at riccobono.us
Thu Apr 8 15:29:03 UTC 2010

Hello everyone,

This is just a note to let everyone know that our Braille Standards Bill has
passed both the house and senate, and waits only for the governor's
signature!  This is a huge accomplishment and will do much to improve the
education of blind children in Maryland for years to come.  A big thank you
to all of those who testified at the hearings, educated legislators in
Annapolis, wrote letters, and made phone calls.  As always, the biggest
thank you to our legislative chair, Sharon Maneki!

                Certainly the work with this bill is not over.  We will have
to develop the standards, and then do all we can to make sure this law is
enforced, but this is the crucial first step, and we should be very proud of
this latest accomplishment.

Melissa