[Greater-baltimore] Opportunity to participate in research study

Danielsen, Chris CDanielsen at nfb.org
Wed Aug 4 12:20:35 UTC 2010

Dear Fellow Federationists:

i have been asked to post the following announcement, which is an
opportunity for you to participate in a research study and receive a $25
gift certificate tot he NFB Independence Market. Please contact the
researchers directly for further details.

Sincerely:

Chris Danielsen, Chapter President

Dear Members of the Baltimore NFB Chapter,

We are a group of university researchers who have recognized the
opportunity to greatly enrich mobility experiences for the visually
impaired.

The Talking Points team at the University of Michigan is conducting a
research study aimed at developing a comprehensive understanding of
navigation patterns, orientation practices, and mobile information needs
among visually impaired individuals. Our research will support the
design and development of a new generation of community driven cell
phone-based information systems for the visually impaired community. For
more information about the work we've done so far, please see our
website at http://talking-points.org
<blocked::http://talking-points.org/> .

In order to gain a deeper understanding of the information and
navigation needs of visually impaired persons from different parts of
the U.S., we are seeking to conduct a series of one-hour phone
interviews with people from different locations and with different
characteristics. We are reaching out to you because we're interested in
connecting with visually impaired or blind individuals in Baltimore, MD
to participate in our study. Participants who are accepted into the
study and complete the interview will receive a $25 gift certificate for
the NFB Independence Market within two weeks of the interview session.

Please contact Tammy Greene at tammy.greene at gmail.com
<blocked::mailto:tammy.greene at gmail.com>  or by phone at 410-800-2920 to
sign up. With your help we can reach our research goals.

Our study has been reviewed by the University of Michigan Human Subjects
Review Board and has been approved (study #HUM00027204).

Sincerely,

Tammy Greene

on behalf of the Talking Points project

Study Coordinator:

    Tammy Greene, M.S.I.

    School of Information

    University of Michigan

    tammy.greene at gmail.com <blocked::mailto:tammy.greene at gmail.com>

    336-307-5766

Faculty Contact:

    Mark W. Newman, Ph. D.

    Assistant Professor

    School of Information

    University of Michigan

    mwnewman at umich.edu <blocked::mailto:mwnewman at umich.edu>

Tammy Greene, MSI
tammy.greene at gmail.com <blocked::mailto:tammy.greene at gmail.com>
Lockheed Martin, Human Factors Design Engineer
School of Information | University of Michigan Alum
Human Computer Interaction

"Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius,
power, and magic
in it."-Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Christopher S. Danielsen
Director of Public Relations