[Greater-baltimore] help the nFB win $250,000

Danielsen, Chris CDanielsen at nfb.org
Thu Aug 26 12:39:18 UTC 2010

Dear Chapter members:

As some of you know, at the last meeting of the Greater Baltimore
chapter of the NFB, Mark Riccobono presented a plan to help the NFB gain
votes for the Pepsi Refresh Challenge.  In order to win, the NFB needs
to be in first or second place to receive $250,000 for the NFB Youth
Slam.

We are currently in 19th place, but we still have time.  Mark's plan is
to begin Meet the Blind month a little early-on Saturday, August 28,
2010.  The Baltimore Ravens will be playing the New York Giants in the
Ravens' final home preseason game, and there will be over 70,000 people
there.

All we need are some volunteers to let the fans know they can help the
NFB just by sending a text.  We will do this by handing out flyers and
doing outreach outside the stadium on game day.

The plan:  Meet at the NCB on Saturday, the 28th, at 3:45 p.m.-we will
have a van to transport all the volunteers to the stadium.  The van will
leave promptly at 4:00 p.m.

Once we know how many volunteers we have, Ann-Marie Laney will finalize
the activities and stations for the volunteers to maximize coverage of
the stadium area.

There will not be return transportation-so once we have finished with
the activities, volunteers will need to get a ride to their next
destination-maybe a night out in Baltimore, maybe buy a ticket and
attend the game, or maybe just return home.  Cabs and the light rail are
convenient to the stadium.

This is a great opportunity to get the word out about the NFB and maybe
make some new friends...so who would like to volunteer?

Please let Ann-Marie Laney know if you can volunteer or if you have any
additional questions-her e-mail is alaney at nfb.org and her phone number
at the NCB is (410) 659-9314, ext. 2371.

Please let her know if you are available as soon as possible, M&T
stadium is fairly large and we will need all the help we can get!

Sincerely:

Chris Danielsen, Chapter President

Christopher S. Danielsen
Director of Public Relations