[Greater-baltimore] Maryellen Thompson's retirement

Danielsen, Chris CDanielsen at nfb.org
Tue Dec 7 16:16:56 UTC 2010

Dear Friends:

As you may know, our beloved friend and loyal chapter member, Maryellen
Thompson, will retire from the staff of the national center for the
Blind on December 17. Maryellen will, of course, remain a chapter
member, and I have no doubt that she will remain involved in our
activities. That said, I think it is appropriate that we show our
appreciation for her tireless work as a member of the staff for the past
twenty-five years.

On Friday, December 10, there will be a luncheon to celebrate Mrs.
Thompson's twenty-five years of service on staff in the staff lunchroom
at the National Center for the Blind. I'm writing to invite those of you
who wish to do so to attend this event. You will need to bring your own
lunch if you plan to consume a meal, but drinks and desserts will be
provided. We will be sharing our thoughts about and memories of
Maryellen's work here, so those of you who wish to say a few words will
have the opportunity to do so. This special luncheon will begin at noon
and last approximately an hour. Let me know if you need further details.

Sincerely:

Chris Danielsen, Chapter President

Christopher S. Danielsen
Director of Public Relations