[Greater-baltimore] Mourning the passing of Federationist Crystal Angel Hardy

Danielsen, Chris CDanielsen at nfb.org
Tue Feb 9 20:37:02 UTC 2010

Dear Friends,

With deep regret, I write to inform you that Crystal Angel Hardy died
yesterday from her long battle with cancer at the young age of
seventeen. Crystal was an outstanding young lady with much maturity,
beauty, and strength. Both Crystal and her family have been involved
with the Greater Baltimore Chapter and the NFB of Maryland for several
years. Crystal was a leader in our state student division, and she truly
lived our Federation philosophy. She worked to support our cause by
helping with student fund raisers, by assisting with our legislative
efforts, and by forming friendships with many of us.

Crystal's family is in need of financial assistance for funeral
expenses. If you work at the National Center for the Blind or are
stopping by and would like to contribute, please come by my office. You
can also stop by Rosy Carranza's office, or by Tony Olivero's office.
You can also mail contributions to my attention at 200 East Wells
Street, Baltimore, MD 21230; be sure to indicate on the envelope, on
your check, or otherwise that you are donating to help Crystal Hardy's
family. The National Federation of the Blind is also a family; we
support each other not only in matters related to blindness, but when
anyone in the Federation needs assistance and the comfort of knowing
that others care. please join me in helping these wonderful members of
our Federation family make it through this difficult time.

Sincerely,

Chris Danielsen, President
Greater Baltimore Chapter

Christopher S. Danielsen