[Greater-baltimore] Fwd: [il-talk] [Fwd: Ray McGeorge Being Transferred to Hospis Care]

AZNOR99 at aol.com AZNOR99 at aol.com
Sun Jun 13 13:47:01 UTC 2010

____________________________________
 From: billreif at ameritech.net
To:  il-talk at nfbnet.org
Sent: 6/13/2010 12:43:35 A.M. Eastern Daylight  Time
Subj: [il-talk] [Fwd: Ray McGeorge Being Transferred to Hospis  Care]

Here is an update.  This is sad news.  Diane  and family need to be in our
prayers during this difficult time.

Bill  Reif

-------- Original Message --------     Subject:  [Chapter-presidents] Ray
McGeorge Being Transferred to Hospis  Care  Date:  Fri, 11 Jun 2010 09:46:46
-0500  From:  Scott C. LaBarre _<slabarre at labarrelaw.com>_
(mailto:slabarre at labarrelaw.com)   (by way of David Andrews _<dandrews at visi.com>_
(mailto:dandrews at visi.com) )  Reply-To:  NFB Chapter Presidents discussion list
_<chapter-presidents at nfbnet.org>_ (mailto:chapter-presidents at nfbnet.org)   To:
_david.andrews at nfbnet.org_ (mailto:david.andrews at nfbnet.org)

Greetings Friends, as many of you know, Ray McGeorge came down with
meningitis and was rushed to the hospital on May 9th.  He has been  unconscious
ever since.  Unfortunately, the meningitis caused several  complications
including seizures and a massive stroke.  Ray has been  relatively stable the
last couple of weeks but has shown no signs of  improvement.

Ray is a very strong  person and very clear about his wishes.  He has an
advanced directive,  also known as a living will.  He has explicitly expressed
the desire that  his life not be extended artificially.  Diane has honored
Ray's wishes  and asked that he be taken off the respirator.  He has been
off the  respirator for limited periods but has always been placed back on.
Additionally, this morning Ray is being transferred from Kendrid Hospital,
which is a long term acute care facility, to St. John's  Hospis.

Quite frankly, we do not know  specifically what the future holds.  Ray has
fought this battle as hard  as he knows how.  Without the respirator, we do
not know exactly how Ray  will do.  We do know, however, that we are
carrying out his wishes.   During this very difficult time, we request your
continued thoughts and  prayers.
Scott C. LaBarre,  Esq.

LaBarre Law Offices P.C.
1660 South  Albion Street, Ste. 918
Denver, Colorado 80222
303 504-5979  (voice)
303 757-3640 (fax)
_slabarre at labarrelaw.com_ (mailto:slabarre at labarrelaw.com)  (e-mail)
_www.labarrelaw.com_ (http://www.labarrelaw.com/)   (website)

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This  message may contain confidential and
privileged information. If you are not  the designated recipient, you may not read,
copy, distribute or retain this  message. If you received this message in
error, please notify the sender at  303) 504-5979 or _slabarre at labarrelaw.com_
(mailto:slabarre at labarrelaw.com) , and destroy and delete it  from your
system. This message and any attachments are covered by the  Electronic
Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. §§  2510-2521.

Chapter-presidents  mailing  list
Chapter-presidents at nfbnet.org
Chapter-presidents:
http://www.nfbnet.org/mailman/options/chapter-presidents_nfbnet.org/billreif