[Greater-baltimore] FW: The Indomitable Spirit of Ray McGeorge to Live in Our Hearts Forever

Riccobono, Mark MRiccobono at nfb.org
Fri Jun 18 16:05:20 UTC 2010

From: Kevan Worley [mailto:kevanworley at blindmerchants.org]
Sent: Friday, June 18, 2010 11:37 AM

To our Federation Family,

I have been asked by our beloved colleague and friend, Diane to write to
all of you with the very sad news that Ray passed away at 8:30 mountain
time this morning, June 18th. He was with Diane. He was surrounded by
friends and his beloved Federation family. As most of you know, Ray
became ill over five weeks ago, and was rushed to the hospital. While at
the hospital, later that week, Ray suffered a severe stroke. One week
ago, Ray was transferred to the hospice at St. John's. Many of us have
been at Ray's side and we know that many hundreds, if not thousands of
you have been sending up your prayers for Ray and Diane. Diane has been
overwhelmed and appreciative, beyond words of all of your love and
heartfelt expressions of support for her and Ray.

We will be sending information about memorial services. It is not my
place to get into all of those details in this writing. Please circulate
this sad notice to all of our friends and colleagues. I can tell you
that throughout the sadness we now know that Ray is at peace. I can also
tell you that Diane is now visiting with Dr. Mauer.

Arrangements are being finalized.

Yours in love,

Kevan