[Greater-baltimore] List serves

Chwalow, Judith JChwalow at nfb.org
Wed Oct 6 19:11:57 UTC 2010

PARTICIPANTS WANTED FOR RESEARCH!!!

While at the National Federation of the Blind of
Maryland Convention on October 22-24, 2010, we
invite you to participate in a fun and easy study
to measure Braille reading styles.  The research
is being conducted by Towson University and
National Public Radio with the consultation of
the NFB Jernigan Institute.  All that is required
is for you to read six short NPR stories on a
refreshable Braille display and answer questions
about the stories.  The Refreshable Braille
Display will be provided at the session.   Even
if you don't often read with a Braille display,
you can participate – we will provide a short
training session in the beginning if you need
it.  The entire study should take around an hour,
depending on your reading speed, and you will
receive $40 for your time.  The session will take
place at the Doubletree Hotel in Annapolis,
Maryland and we will schedule your participation
at a time that is convenient for you.  We hope
you can find time in your busy day to help us with this important research!

For more information or to schedule a time,
please contact Mike Eskenazi at
<mailto:meskenazi at npr.org>meskenazi at npr.org or call 978 979 1479.

Judith Chwalow

Director of Research

NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND JERNIGAN INSTITUTE

200 East Wells Street

    at Jernigan Place

Baltimore MD 21230

410.659.9314 x2404