Independent Living InstructorSenior Services Department:Rehabilitation - Baltimore
dandrews at visi.com
Thu Oct 28 02:03:49 UTC 2010
BLIND INDUSTRIES AND SERVICES OF MARYLAND
Position Title: Independent Living InstructorSenior Services
Rehabilitation - Baltimore
Shirley Riffle, sriffle at bism.org
Number: 1 Position Available
8:00 am to 4:30 pm, Monday-Friday
and weekends as needed
Essential Position Functions:
1. Provide instruction in non-visual
methods of food preparation, cleaning, grocery
shopping, budgeting, time management, sewing,
home organization, and all other skills within the IL training curriculum.
2. Ability to plan, organize, lead, and
delegate all tasks required for successful execution of large food events.
3. Maintain training kitchen and related
areas in organized, sanitary fashion; control
equipment and supply inventories.
4. Evaluate student training needs;
develop and implement weekly teaching plans following established curriculum.
5. Write monthly reports and evaluations; submit on time.
6. Provide counseling regarding blindness-related issues.
7. Participate in all rehab activities, seminars, and outings.
8. Serve as a substitute teacher in other areas as needed.
9. Work closely and harmoniously with co-workers as an
integral part of the Rehabilitation Division teaching team.
10. Attend state and national conventions of the blind.
11. Other duties as required.
1. Minimum Attendance Required: 100%.
2. Bachelors degree preferred.
3. Two to five years teaching experience preferred.
4. Completion of recognized blindness training program.
5. Experience delivering Independent Living instruction.
6. Positive belief in the abilities of blind people.
7. Willingness to participate in staff immersion training.
Candidates must complete the position bidding
form, take it to their current manager and have
him/her complete the recommendation section, then
give the form to the hiring manager.
David Andrews: dandrews at visi.com
Follow me on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/dandrews920
More information about the Greater-Baltimore