[Greater-baltimore] Want to see a play for free?

Lewis, Anil ALewis at nfb.org
Tue Aug 23 18:18:59 UTC 2011

Small earthquake here in VA. John and I are OK.

Anil
Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 23, 2011, at 2:16 PM, "Danielsen, Chris" <CDanielsen at nfb.org<mailto:CDanielsen at nfb.org>> wrote:

Hello friends and colleagues:

About a week ago I went with some of our members and colleagues to a rehearsal of a play at the Vagabond Theater in Baltimore (wwww.vagabondplayers.org<http://wwww.vagabondplayers.org>). The company is staging "Wait Until Dark," a thriller by Frederick Knott ("Dial M for Murder") in which the protagonist is a blind woman. The director wanted us to advise him and his actress on whether she was playing the character realistically, without stereotypes. We also donated a white cane to the production. In return, the director has given the National federation of the Blind fifty free seats at the preview of the production, which will take place on Thursday, September 1 at 7:30 p.m. (The seats are free but donations are appreciated.) If you are interested in attending, please let me know as soon as possible. I will award seats on a first-come, first-served basis. I am holding five seats currently for those of us who participated in the rehearsal.

Here is a description of the play from the theater's web site:

A cool-as-ice psychopath smoothly talks his way into the home of an unsuspecting blind woman who holds a dangerous prize. He'll stop at nothing to get it.

Again, let me know if you're interested.

Sincerely:

Chris Danielsen

Christopher S. Danielsen
Director of Public Relations