[Greater-baltimore] January Book Club at LBPH

Jim McCarthy jmccarthynfb at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 2 20:40:26 UTC 2011

Good afternoon,

I hope you all have enjoyed the holiday season and that your new years are
off to a great start. On Saturday, January 8, I will be hosting the book
club and the Maryland Library for the Blind and Physically Handicapped. The
meeting is between 12:00 and 1:30. We are reading The Lazarus Project by
Aleksandar Hemon. The NLS annotation states, "Brik, a writer who fled
Sarajevo for America in the 1990s, researches the 1908 murder of Jewish
immigrant Lazarus Averbuch by Chicago's police chief. Brik returns to
eastern Europe to revisit Lazarus's former life--and his own. Violence,
strong language, and some descriptions of sex. National Book Award Finalist.
2008. The book ID number for this selection is db/rc 68580. My new assistant
in the Maryland Accessible Textbook program, Stephanie Durnford will be co
hosting. We hope that many of you will join us to discuss this month's
selection.