[Greater-baltimore] Immediate action needed in Annapolis!

NFBMD nfbmd at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 29 21:30:03 UTC 2011

Hello All,

SB642, the bill that would allow people to who face discrimination by places
of public accommodation to go to court did not make it out of the senate
yet.  Please call your individual senator and other senators in your area
tomorrow March 30.  If you wish to use Email instead, that is fine too.  Ask
them to vote in favor of SB642.

The general number is either 410-841 plus the extension or 301-858 plus the
extension.

Everyone should also contact Senator Peters, from PG County,  who is
responsible for the delay.  Ask him to vote in favor of the bill.  His
extension is 3631.

We did get the companion bill out of the house of delegates which is a good
thing.  However, we need to get over this hurdle.

Thanks for your help!  We can change what it means to be blind in Maryland.

-Sharon Maneki