[Greater-baltimore] Meeting reminder and travel advisory

Danielsen, Chris CDanielsen at nfb.org
Fri Jun 15 13:42:41 UTC 2012

Dear fellow Federationists:

This is a reminder that the meeting of the Greater Baltimore Chapter of the National federation of the Blind of Maryland will take place as scheduled tomorrow, June 16. Breakfast, prepared by the strategic Initiatives department here at the NfB Jernigan institute, will be served at 9 a.m. with the meeting to follow at 10 a.m. The meeting will be held as usual in the fourth floor conference room. As always the meeting will be packed with information, including an update on our advocacy for fair wages for workers with disabilities, a last preview of the national convention, and a report on state affiliate activities. we will also be drawing for chances to win NFB Jernigan Fund tickets, along with our usual door prize and 50/50 drawings.

Some of you have asked whether the celebrations of the bicentennial of the War of 1812 will affect the chapter meeting. I am told by a highly placed Baltimore transportation official that no street closings are planned except for Fort Avenue from Andre Street, and that public transportation will operate as normal. However, be advised that your progress coming to or leaving the federation may be slowed. In particular, the downtown area will be quite congested especially around the Inner Harbor; and there are sites in South Baltimore where people can view the much-anticipated Blue Angels air show that will take place tomorrow afternoon, so as we leave the chapter meeting, traffic may be pouring into South Baltimore. We will try to expedite the meeting so that folks won't get stuck here through the afternoon. Please plan on attending the chapter meeting if you can, given these considerations.

I look forward to seeing you all tomorrow.

Sincerely:

Chris Danielsen, Chapter president

Christopher S. Danielsen
Director of Public Relations