[Greater-baltimore] News

Amy Phelps aphelps at BISM.org
Wed Mar 7 19:55:14 UTC 2012

Dear friends and colleagues,

I am sure that some of you have already heard and for those who have not, my apologies for letting you know via email and not by personal phone call. As of March 26, I will be working in Virginia I as the Ast. Director for Instruction at the DBVI Training Center and begin on March 26.

It saddens me to leave the youth programs here at BISM but I am leaving them in more than capable hands. As you know, Dezman Jackson began working with me in November of last year as the Coordinator of Youth Programs and will continue in that position until a Manager of Youth Programs is hired. Dezman and I have been working very closely and he is doing a fantastic job and I know he will continue to do so. Dezman is committed to quality programs for blind children, youth and young adults and come with a wealth of knowledge and experience. I hope you will join Dezman in continuing to provide quality programs for our blind children in Maryland and the surrounding states.

As of March 26 my email address will be amy.phelps at dbvi.virginia.gov<mailto:amy.phelps at dbvi.virginia.gov>, so please feel free to contact me with any questions that you may have. My last day here at BISM is March 16, as I am taking a week off to go see my parents in the great state of Mississippi and to work on my accent and southern charm.

Thank you for your ongoing support of me and the youth programs here at BISM. I look forward to taking what I have learned from each of you to Virginia. See you in Dallas!!!

Warm regards,

Amy C. Phelps, CRC, NOMC
Check out our BISM Youth Programs<http://bism.org/youthservices.cfm>

Follow us: Facebook - Bism YouthPrograms
Twitter @BISM_Youth

Blind Industries and Services of Maryland
3345 Washington Blvd
Baltimore, MD 21227
Phone: 410-737-2642
Mobile: 410-274-1647
Fax: 410-737-2689
Toll Free: 888-322-4567
E-mail: aphelps at bism.org<mailto:aphelps at bism.org>

"...given proper training and opportunity, the average blind person can do the average job in the average place of business and do it as well as his or her sighted neighbor..." --Dr. Kenneth Jernigan, quoted in "Freedom for the Blind" by James H. Omvig

Confidentiality Note:  The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.