[Greater-baltimore] Sobo Halloween Bash chapter MTBM activity

Shaheen, Natalie NShaheen at nfb.org
Tue Oct 2 20:18:18 UTC 2012

Federationists:
To add to our chapter's already robust Meet the Blind Month (MTBM) plan, we are now going to participate in the Sobo Halloween Bash<http://www.federalhillsouth.org/announcements/sobohalloweenbash-sundayoctober28> at Riverside Park on Sunday, October 28. We will have a table with lots of fun activities and giveaways related to Braille, including Braille secret message pumpkins! To learn about all the fun we have planned for the local kids read Braille is Bootiful<http://withoutaclassroom.wordpress.com/2012/10/02/braille-is-bootiful/>.

In order to pull off the plan outlined in the blog post mentioned above, we need your help. There are several ways you can get involved.

1.      Save your cardboard egg cartons and bring them to Natalie Shaheen at the NFBJI. We will need lots of egg cartons, so start googling egg recipes now and increase your egg consumption over the next few weeks!

2.      If you enjoy crafts (note I didn't say you had to be particularly good at them *smile*) join Mika Baugh and I October 17 from 5-7p in the Harbor Room at the NFBJI to make Braille secret message pumpkins and prep any other activities that need prepping.

3.      Help man our table, facilitate activities with the kids, and spread the word that Braille is bootiful to the young folks at the Sobo Halloween Bash Sunday, October 28 from 1-5pm

If you plan to help with items 2 or 3 above, please give me a heads up so I can assign duties accordingly.

Happy Meet the Blind Month!
Natalie